This year, we will be holding the 10th Katahira Festival on October 7th and 8th. The Katahira Festival is a large scale event, held on three of Tohoku University’s campuses, that shares science with everyone and happens only once every two years!
8 world class institutes and 1 research center and 1 university archive center will create a “Science Wonderland” where we will show the exciting and fun side of science.
Our Science Wonderland is full of surprises and discoveries. Come on by and experience cutting edge science first hand.
We have also set up a special event, “The wonders of science”, in which 14 researchers on the front lines of science will each give 30 minute talks about their work.
There are a lot of things to do at the festival. Learn about how we are trying to solve social problems and discover the secrets of the technology of the future. Take a walk through the old building of Katahira Campus that have been recognized for their historical value. Attend the public symposium on how to survive during catastrophes. And Visit the science angels – a group of female scientists!
We hope to see you all out at this year’s Science Wonderland!
October 7th (Sat) and 8th (Sun)
10:00am - 4:00pm
※ complementary shuttle buses are available for the participants.
Katahira Campus ⇄ Seiryo Campus
Katahira Campus ⇄ Aobayama New Campus
Institutes and Centers
- Institute for Materials Research
- Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer（Seiryo Campus）
- Institute of Fluid Science
- Research Institute of Electrical Communication
- Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials
- International Research Institute of Disaster Science（Aobayama New Campus）
- Center for Northeast Asian Studies
- Frontier Research Institute for Interdisciplinary Sciences
- Advanced Institute for Materials Research
- Tohoku University Archives (Japanese only)
- Tohoku University